The Obsidian Team — the world's leading innovators of InfiniBand™ Technologies for more than a decade.
Bowman B400 is a Global Fabric Controller
Crossbow R400-6 is a 6-port QDR InfiniBand router
Longbow C400 extends a QDR InfiniBand link up to 1600km
Longbow C100 models are suitable for desktop deployment and have a range from 300m up to 80km
Four Longbow C-Series units fit into an optional 1U shelf
Longbow X-Series has global reach and supports multiple WAN protocols
Longbow E-Series has global reach and supports full-speed AES encryption
Obsidian in the News:
May 15, 2018
Obsidian extends it patent portfolio reach into the European Union
- A highly efficient global communications mechanism created as a natural extension of supercomputer class networking technologies.
November 15, 2017
Obsidian Strategics spins out engineering team into Proxilogica Corporation
- A new contract ensures continued support for technology licensing and transfer programs for Obsidian
January 4, 2017
Obsidian signs collaboration with Jinan Supercomputing Centre
- Creating the basis for regional supercomputing network in preparation for Exascale machines
June 19, 2016
The InfiniCortex Hosts a 3-continent Genomic Workflow Pipeline at Full Speed Across 28,000km With Obsidianʼs Enhanced InfiniBand Technologies
- HPC facilities in Europe, Asia and North America combine into a singular virtual cluster collectively identifying cancer signatures in patient DNA at high speed
November 16, 2015
Obsidian introduces the Bowman Global Fabric Controller
- New device provides sophisticated management services to complex multi-subnet InfiniBand fabrics spanning many organisations across the globe
Connect without Compromise™
The People's Republic of China’s National Supercomputing Centre in Jinan (NSCCJN) has entered into a collaborative agreement with Obsidian to develop very high capacity optical links between Jinan, Qingdao, Wuxi and other sites in and near Shandong province, creating the basis for regional supercomputing network in preparation for Exascale machines - see the full press release here.
Secure, globally distributed and multi-subnet InfiniBand
fabrics are here!
Watch this three-minute video by Obsidianʼs Dr. David Southwell where he explains how Obsidian’s unique technologies enabled the Global InfiniBand Fabric at the Supercomputing 2015 and 2016 Conferences in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT.
With the advent of high speed internet (100 Gbps) - the first transatlantic link of this kind, ANA100, was installed last year and five or six more are expected before the end of 2014 - it just may be that some of the main computing data centers around the world can finally be directly connected. The goal: to aggregate their power and form a worldwide supercomputer of virtually limitless power. This, in any case, is the initiative that the Singapore Government's Agency for Science Technology and Research (A*STAR) group and Obsidian Strategics revealed to a select group of analysts during ISC14. See the full article here.