November 14-20, 2009
- Wide Area InfiniBand™ Used in the Winning Bandwidth Challenge Entry at SuperComputing 2009
- Obsidian's Longbow X100 devices maintained a coast-to-coast 20Gbits/s InfiniBand link from Supercomputing in Portland to the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington DC in a challenge entry prepared by NRL and the University of Illinois, at the Supercomputing 2009 show.
- NASA Demos Secure Coast-to-Coast Backup at Full Wire Speed Using Obsidian's New Longbow E100 and DSYNC
- "Longbow E100 and DSYNC combine into a very easy to use long-haul bulk data transport mechanism that achieves storage-limited speeds and high-grade security, without requiring performance tuning"
- NASA Launches Remote Real-Time Visualization Demo at SC09 Over Fully Encrypted 20Gbit/s Link Using Obsidian's New E Series Longbow
- Engineers at NASA Ames arch Center (ARC) in Mountain View, California are driving remote lation visualizations at 20Gbits/s directly from the Columbia rcomputer by extending the machine's InfiniBand fabric to the 9 show floor in Portland, OR using Obsidian Longbow E100 devices.